LGBT health care is no longer all about HIV/AIDs. Boston Gay Pride is 40 years old this year and some of the participants are a lot older. So, aging is an issue.
A range of health and wellness groups – including AARP – -(See full list below — will be out on City Hall Plaza for the post parade festival today . You can march down there with the long time champion of LGBT health care Fenway Health. Or you can check out this BHN video from the 2009 festival.
On a related note, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical center sent out this note about Dr. Michael Wong, director of transplant infection diseases, who was honored at BIDMC’s annual Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Achievement Awards Ceremony.
Wong, a highly respected physician, researcher and educator, was recognized for his lifetime of accomplishments in promoting health for the individuals for whom he has cared, and his leadership in the public health policy arena. Wong’s clinical practice includes his work in the division of infectious disease, and for almost a decade, he has also held a weekly clinic at The Dimock Center in Roxbury, bringing expertise in HIV/AIDS to a vulnerable community.He serves as the Board President of AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts and as a gubernatorial appointee to the Massachusetts Public Health Council where he brings his clinical perspective and the voice of underserved patients to developing public health strategies and policies.
- AARP Massachusetts
- American Laser Centers
- Arbour-HRI Hospital
- Cambridge Health Alliance
- Center for HIV/AIDS Care & Research
- Fenway Health
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Gay Mens Domestic Violence Project
- Harbor Health Services, Inc
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
- Merck Research Labs/ Merck: Living Positive By Design (by way of Cohn & Wolfe)
- NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Network Health
- New England School of Acupuncture
- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Rape Crisis Services of Greater Lowell
- Reproductive Science Center of New England
- Senior Pride Coalition
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, MA Affiliate
- Sidney Borum Health Center
- Spa tech Institute