- Former NEJM editors Relman and Angell to wed. Globe
- SEIU organizes St. Elizabeth’s SEIU
- Rhode Island report first to measure statewide healthcare IT use Healthcare IT News
- Groopman in WSJ questions the quality of “quality metrics“
- Racial health care disparities persist in Mass.
- Blumenthal on HIT in NEJM:
The HIT components of the stimulus package – collectively labeled HITECH in the law – reflect a shared conviction among the fledgling Obama administration, the Congress, and many health care experts that electronic information systems are essential to improving the health and health care of Americans. However, proponents of HIT expansion face substantial problems